Friday, December 14, 2012

Hello WORLD!!  I am excited to be contributing to my first blog post ever.  I am truly inspired by the people I have been working with the past few months and I thought, "What better way to express that excitement then by posting my first blog for everyone to read." I absolutely miss being in the classroom and the students whom I have been fortunate to work with over the past eight years, but I realize that there's something big happening in the upcoming years and I knew that I had to be a part of it.  With that, I want to first thank Mr. Joshua Koen for giving me the opportunity to meet and work with such great people.  Not just great colleagues, but outstanding PEOPLE.  Starting with Maritza (PHS) and Joanna (LMS) from the start this summer into this 2012-2013 school year.  You two have been the cornerstone of this movement, and I truly appreciate your intelligence, drive, commitment, advice, support, and all that you have done to get this humongous ball rolling.  Currently with the addition of Mary Howard (PHS), Jason Smith (LMS), and John Gojdycz (LMS) I feel that we have the right team to make this 1:1 a truly exceptional curricular movement.  I would also like to give a shout out to Blanca Duarte, who as our project manager, has been the glue that holds this whole ship together.  We would not be successful thus far without your guidance and support.  THANKS!

We have been working very hard from September thru now (December) preparing our pilot teachers to pilot the first sets of Chromebooks set to hit classrooms in February.  We are positive that we have selected the right group of individuals who will not only hit the ground running with Chromebooks in hand, but build capacity within our staff to prepare the rest of our teachers to use Chromebooks effectively within the curriculum.

As this is the first post, it covers a period from September till now.  We (the technology coordinators) plan to post information and a weekly reflection about the awesome things that we see happening in our schools.  I am excited.  Awesome things are happening and will continue to happen for years to come.  Check back in to see what's going on at PHS and LMS.

Michael Grant
Technology Coordinator
Passaic High School
@PHSGrant

2 comments:

  1. Where is the "like" button?! Well said, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The team at Passaic - from the technology coordinators, to the teachers, to central admin, to the great administrators we have supporting the effort at the schools - have been an exciting team to work with. I'm humbled to be a part of such a tremendous effort. And although this has not been a journey without tumbles, it certainly has a lot of heart. I'm excited to be a part of the team and will continue to help move the efforts forward for the sake of our students and community. Well said, Mike! Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete